NATIONAL BUDGET CIRCULAR NO. 542
National Budget Circular No. 542, issued by the Department of Budget and Management on August 29, 2012, reiterates compliance with Section 93 of the General Appropriations Act of FY 2012. Section 93 is the Transparency Seal provision, to wit:
Sec. 93. Transparency Seal. To enhance transparency and enforce accountability, all national government agencies shall maintain a transparency seal on their official websites. The transparency seal shall contain the following information:
- (i) the agency’s mandates and functions, names of its officials with their position and designation, and contact information;
- (ii) annual reports, as required under National Budget Circular Nos. 507 and 507-A dated January 31, 2007 and June 12, 2007, respectively, for the last three (3) years;
- (iii) their respective approved budgets and corresponding targets immediately upon approval of this Act;
- (iv) major programs and projects categorized in accordance with the five key results areas under E.O. No. 43, s. 2011;
- (v) the program/projects beneficiaries as identified in the applicable special provisions;
- (vi) status of implementation and program/project evaluation and/or assessment reports; and
- vii) annual procurement plan, contracts awarded and the name of contractors/suppliers/consultants. The respective heads of the agencies shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with this section.
A Transparency Seal, prominently displayed on the main page of the website of a particular government agency, is a certificate that it has complied with the requirements of Section 93.
A pearl buried inside a tightly-shut shell is practically worthless. Government information is a pearl, meant to be shared with the public in order to maximize its inherent value.
The Transparency Seal, depicted by a pearl shining out of an open shell, is a symbol of a policy shift towards openness in access to government information. On the one hand, it hopes to inspire Filipinos in the civil service to be more open to citizen engagement; on the other, to invite the Filipino citizenry to exercise their right to participate in governance.
This initiative is envisioned as a step in the right direction towards solidifying the position of the Philippines as the Pearl of the Orient – a shining example for democratic virtue in the region.
Source: Section 7.0, National Budget Circular No. 542, August 29, 2012.
I. AGENCY'S MANDATE, VISION, MISSION AND LIST OF OFFICIALS
- Mandate, Mission and Vision
- DOST-IX List of Key Officials
- DOST-IX Office Directory
- DOST-IX Citizen's Charter
II. QUARTERLY AND ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORTS
- FAR No. 1 - Statement of Appropriations, Allotments, Obligations, Disbursements and Balances
- FAR No. 4 - Summary Report of Disbursements
- BAR No. 1 - Quarterly Physical Report of Operations/ BED No. 2 - Physical Plan
- FAR No. 5 - Quarterly Report of Revenue and Other Receipts
- BED No. 1 - Financial Plan (Detailed Statement of Current Year's Obligations, Disbursements and Unpaid Obligations)
III. DBM APPROVED BUDGET AND CORRESPONDING TARGETS
IV. PROJECTS, PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, BENEFICIARIES, AND STATUS OF IMPLEMENTATION
- DOST-IX List of Projects, Programs and Activities, Beneficiaries and Status of Implementation
- DOST-IX Major Programs and Services
V. ANNUAL PROCUREMENT PLAN AND CONTRACTS AWARDED
- DOST-IX Annual Procurement Plan
- Summary of Contracts Awarded and the Name of Contractors/Suppliers/Consultants
VI. QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFIED BY INTERNATIONAL CERTIFYING BODY OR AGENCY OPERATIONS MANUAL
- ISO 9001:2015 Certifications
- PNS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accreditation (Regional Standards and Testing Laboratories)
VII. SYSTEM OF RANKING DELIVERY UNITS AND INDIVIDUALS
VIII. AGENCY REVIEW and COMPLIANCE PROCEDURE of STATEMENTS and FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES
IX. FREEDOM of INFORMATION PROGRAM COMPLIANCE
X. GOOD GOVERNANCE CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE
- PhilGEPS Certification of Compliance
- Early Procurement Certification of Compliance
- Agency Procurement Compliance and Performance Indicator (APCPI)
- Agency Review and Compliance Procedure of Statements and Financial Disclosures
- Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA) Compliance Certification
- Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Networth