Q. What is SETUP?
A. SETUP stands for Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program. One of DOST’s flagship program, SETUP is a nationwide strategy aimed at encouraging and assisting SMEs to adopt technology innovations to improve their operations; thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technology interventions.
Q. What are the priority sectors assisted by SETUP?
A. SETUP interventions are focused on the following six (6) priority sectors:
- Food Processing
- Gifts, Decors & Handicrafts
- Marine and Aquatic Resources
- Horticulture (Cut flowers, fruits, high value crops) and
- Metals and Engineering
Q. What can beneficiaries get from SETUP?
A. As a result of SETUP interventions, beneficiaries maybe able to:
- Address current technical problems;
- Get free technical advice from consultants;
- Avail of technical training courses for workers/employees;
- Acquire new equipment to mechanize and / or improve production lines;
- Standardize and improve the quality of products; and
- Be more competitive
Q. Who may apply for SETUP?
A. The program is open to:
- Any company or individual firm based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipino citizens;
- Any small and medium-scale business firm that can be classified under the identified prioritysectors; and
- An individual firm willing to apply technological improvements to existing operations.
Q. How does one apply?
A. Interested customer/s may send a letter of interest to avail of SETUP assistance with all requirements to the DOST Regional Office where the company is based.
Q. What does an applicant need to submit?
A. The following are the requirements that an applicant has to submit to avail of SETUP assistance:
- Comprehensive project proposal. (Technical Aspects, Marketing Aspect, Management /Administrative Aspect, Financial Aspect, Waste Disposal);
- Proponent's letter of interest to avail of financial assistance, stating commitment to repay, including the proposed repayment schedule;
- Copy of business permits and licenses from relevant LGUs and other government offices;
- Financial statements of the past three (3) years for the company/ beneficiary duly signed by a Registered Accountant/Auditor;
- Projected financial statements for the next five (5) years;
- Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA.
- Board resolution authorizing the borrowing and designating the authorized signatories for thefinancial assistance (if applicable);
- Three (3) quotations from suppliers/ fabricators of the equipment to be purchased /fabricated;
- Complete technical design/drawing of the equipment to be purchased / fabricated.