The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and The National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) are actively searching for possible nominees for various DOST and NAST awards.
NAST, the highest recognition body in the country, is searching for recipients deserving of the following awards:
• Outstanding Young Scientist (OYS) Awards
• TWAS Prize for Young Scientist in the Philippines (Biology)
• NAST Environmental Science Award
• NAST Talent Search for Young Scientists
• NAST Award for Outstanding Research in Tropical Medicine
• Geminiano T. De Ocampo Visionary Award for Medical Research
• Outstanding Book/Monograph Awards
• Outstanding Scientific Paper Awards
Also, DOST is in search for those fit to receive the following:
• NSTW Outstanding Science Administrator Award (Dioscoro L. Umali Medal)
• NSTW Outstanding Technology Commercialization (Gregorio Y. Zara Medal)
• NSTW Outstanding Research and Development Award
o for Basic Research (Eduardo A. Quisumbing Medal)
o for Applied Research (Julian A. Banzon Medal)
• Magsaysay Future Engineers / Technologists Award (MFET)
Deadline for the submission of nominations is on November 29, 2017.
MFET Award applicants however, will have until July 31, 2018 to submit their entries.
NAST is also accepting abstracts for the Call for Papers for the Scientific Poster Session, with the deadline of January 15, 2018.
Interested parties may download nomination forms at www.nast.ph or call (062) 991-1024 for more information. (Bon Padayhag, DOST IX Press Release)