SETUP or Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program, the Department of Science and Technology IX (DOST IX)'s flagship project, assists micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the following priority sectors:
• Food processing
• Metals & Engineering
• Marine and Aquatic resources
• Agriculture & Horticulture
• Health-related Products
• ICT & Electronics
• Gifts, Decors & Handicrafts
The program assists MSMEs to improve productivity through different technological interventions such as acquisition of innovative and cost-effective technology, product development, process improvement, human resource development, and consultancy services, among others.
Interested companies or individual firms must be wholly owned by Filipino citizens and be based in the Philippines. To avail of the program's services, the following requirements must be submitted:
1. Comprehensive TNA Report
2. Proponent’s letter of interest to avail of financial assistance, stating commitment to repayment, including the proposed repayment schedule.
3. Copy of business permits and licenses from relevant LGUs and other government offices.
4. Financial statements of at least the past three (3) years for the company / beneficiary duly signed by a Registered Accountant / Auditor.
5. Projected financial statements for the next five (5) years.
6. Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA, Board resolution authorizing the borrowing and designating authorized signatories for the financial assistance (whichever is applicable).
7. Three (3) quotations from suppliers / fabricators of the equipment to be purchased / fabricated with technical specifications.
8. Complete technical design / drawing of the equipment to be purchased / fabricated.