The Institute for International Policy Studies (IIPS), through the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), is inviting nominations for the 13th Nakasone Yasuhiro Awards.
The awards are intended to honor meaningful achievements in the field of science and technology to encourage further endeavors which will contribute to peace and prosperity in the international community.
There are 2 categories of the 13th Nakasone Yasuhiro Awards: The Award of Excellence, which will grant 1,000,000 Yen and an award plaque and the Incentive Award, with 500,000 Yen and award plaque.
Candidates from the Philippines, the Asia-Pacific region, and Japan around the age of 45 or younger with demonstrated exemplary research or activity in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
• Enhancing peace and security in the international community
• Promotion of international economic development and cooperation
• Activities to support international exchange in culture and arts as well as cultural cooperation
• International joint research and international collaboration in the fields of science and technology
• efforts in such global issues as the environment, energy, medicine, poverty, etc.
Nominees and applicants are to submit a detailed description of the project in English (maximum of 2,500 words), accompanied by supporting evidence of the subject project.
A curriculum vitae with the nominee or applicant's full name, address, age, nationality, place of employment and contact information (telephone, facsimile and email) will also be required. Note that these documents are no longer to be returned after submission.
Applications for the award will be accepted by post, fax or email at the contact points below. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
Mr. Tsuyoshi Shirashi or Ms. Setsuko Goto
Institute for International Policy Studies
Toranomon 30 Mori Bldg., 6F
3-2-2 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Fax: +81-3-5404-6650 (overseas)
03-5404-6650 (within Japan)