The e-ASIA Joint Research Program (e-ASIA JRP) has sent out the call for the submission of health research proposals focusing on the areas of Infectious Diseases and Cancer Research.
The aim of the joint call is not only to contribute to the development of regional science but also to overcome public health and medical problems in East Asia in the near future. Applicants are invited to identify potential research partners in at least two (2) other countries of the e-ASIA JRP Member organizations which participate in this Call:
• Cambodia: Ministry of Health (MOH)
• Japan: Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development(AMED)
• New Zealand: Health Research Council (HRC)
• Philippines: Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
• Russia: Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR)
• USA: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
• USA: National Cancer Institute (NCI)
• Vietnam: Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
Eligible Filipino researchers seeking new funding should apply for Grants-in-Aid (GIA) from DOST through the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD). Filipino researcher applicants may view the complete guidelines at http://www.amed.go.jp/content/files/jp/koubo/030120161223_ApplicationGuideline.pdf and are advised to download all applicable DOST-PCHRD GIA Forms from the PCHRD website, completely accomplish these forms, and send these through the PCHRD online submission system (http://www.projects.pchrd.dost.gov.ph/). The DOST-PCHRD also requires submission of a formal letter of intent from the applicant with a statement that the proposal is for e-ASIA JRP and an endorsement from the authorized head of organization. All applicants must fulfill their respective national eligibility rules for research grant application. Researchers from industry are encouraged to participate in the joint collaboration in accordance with national eligibility rules.