The deadline for the application of Philippine Science High School (PSHS) Scholars for SY 2014-2015 is extended up to August 12. The one-time screening is composed of scholastic aptitude test, known as National Competitive Examination (NCE), which is designed to measure Scientific Ability, Quantitative Ability, Abstract Reasoning, and Verbal Aptitude. The NCE will be administered on September 28, 2013 at Zamboanga State College of Marine Sciences and Technology.
The scholarship is open to all graduating elementary pupils from duly recognized schools by the Department of Education (DepEd), who meet the following criteria:
- belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2012-2013) and does not have a grade below 80% as certified by the School Principal or Registrar. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have special aptitude in Science and Math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85% in Science and Math and 80% in all other subjects;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- be born on or after June 1, 1999;
- be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
- be of good conduct and behavior; and
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.
- * i.e. in his/her 6th year of basic elementary education (exclusive of kindergarten and preparatory school)
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1x1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable test fee (Php 100 for private schools, free for public schools)
- Copy of report card (SY 2012-2013)
Application forms may be secured and filed at DOST-IX, Pettit Barracks, and Provincial S&T Centers in Ipil, Pagadian City and Dipolog CIty. It is also available for download at the PSHS website, www.pshs.edu.ph.
For more information about S&T scholarship, interested parties may visit or call the DOST IX Regional Office at Pettit Barracks, Zamboanga City with telephone numbers (062) 991-1024 or any of the Provincial S&T Centers: Dipolog City -(065) 212-2244; Pagadian City - (062) 925-1152; and Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay - (062)333-2793. (DOST IX PRESS RELEASE)