Frequestly Asked Questions
What is SETUP ?
What benefits can the participants get from the Program?
The beneficiaries shall be able to:
- Address current problems
- Get free technical advice from the consultants
- Avail of technical training courses for workers/employees
- Acquire new equipment to mechanize and/or improve production line through venture funds
- Standardize and improve the quality of products
- Be competitive
Who may Apply?
- Any company or individual firm that is based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipinos citizens.
- Any small and medium scale business firm that can be classified under the identified priority sectors.
- Individual firm that is willing to apply technological improvements in their existing operations.
How to Apply?
- Send a letter of interest to avail of the SET-UP assistance together with the requirements to the DOST Regional Director’s Office where the company is based.
- Identify current problems, improvements, and potential technological interventions needed.
- If the project is found viable, the DOST Regional Office endorses it to the National Program Management Office for evaluation and final approval.
What documents must be submitted?
- Full blown proposal.
- Technical Aspects
- Marketing Aspect
- Management/Administrative Aspect
- Financial Aspect
- Waste Disposal
- Endorsement of the Regional Director.
- Review and Technical Evaluation Committee (RTEC) Executive Report completely signed by all the RTEC members duly noted by the Regional Director.
- Proponent’s letter of interest to avail financial assistance and commitment to payback including their proposed repayment schedule.
- Copy of business permits and licenses from relevant LGUs and other government offices.
- Financial statements of at least the past three (3) years for the company/beneficiary duly signed by a Registered Accountant/Auditor.
- Projected financial statements for the next five (5) years.
- Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA.
- Board resolution authorizing the borrowing and designating authorized signatories for the financial assistance (if applicable).
- Three (3) quotations from suppliers/ fabricators of the equipment to be purchased/fabricated.
- Complete technical design/drawing of the equipment to be purchased/fabricated.